Vacation with sandos is a good option. Escaping the cold and stresses of everyday life is what everyone is searching for, and a getaway is the best way to do that. However, deciding what to pack for a beach vacation with kids can be tricky. Depending on different factors, including location and duration, deciding what to pack while traveling with kids deserves much consideration!
The last thing travelers want is to arrive at their premium all-inclusive resorts and relaxing getaway and realize that they forgot essential items, whether toys, games, clothing, lotions, etc. So, to ensure that each of our future guests at Sandos has everything they need when traveling to one of our four all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, we have prepared a packing list for family travel.
Keep reading to discover the essential items to make sure are packed in the suitcase before take-off to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, or Los Cabos!
1. Vacation with sandos, Lotions and Repellents
First up on our list is one of the most critical items to tuck away in the suitcase before heading out the door: Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent. One of the greatest things about some of Mexico’s best beach destinations includes the glowing and warm sun alongside local fauna, flora, and insects. So to make sure that itchy mosquito bites and a painful sunburn don’t take away from the fun and relaxation of a getaway in Mexico, here are a few tips and tricks to follow when choosing the right sun lotion, especially for families. They include:
- Having a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher
- Protects against UVA and UVB rays
- Being water-resistant for at least 40-80 minutes while in the water.
- Having enough for the entire family for the whole vacation, each member should apply at least 1 ounce of sunscreen for each exposed skin area, reapplying every 2 hours.
One more critical thing to keep in mind before purchasing any repellent or lotion is ensuring that it is biodegradable. At Sandos Hotels & Resorts, our mission is to preserve our surroundings’ beautiful fauna and flora. That’s why we encourage our guests to help do their part in ensuring the safety and health of all living creatures while on vacation.
2. Aloe Vera or After Sun Lotion
Now, on the theme of sunblock, it’s no doubt that beach vacations in sunny destinations always pose a small risk to travelers. However, travelers can always be prepared to ease the pain of a nasty sunburn with the help of Aloe Vera, or a doctor recommended after sun lotion.
Healing and cooling properties within the lotions will ensure that guests can continue enjoying their vacation without the pain and discomfort that may be caused when out in the sun. So, it’s always a good idea that travelers take advantage of combining their sunscreen purchases with a bottle of aloe vera or after-sun lotion, just to be safe!
3. Protective Wear for a Day at the Beach to have a Vacation with sandos
Whether it’s a day indulging in the golden sands of Los Cabos at Sandos Finisterra or the endless white sand beaches of the Riviera Maya at Sandos Cancun, Sandos Caracol, or Sandos Playacar, guests are going to need protective wear for both to look the part and protect their bodies. So, what are some items that parents or kids absolutely cannot forget to bring on their trip? They include:
- Hats – For babies and younger children, a bucket hat allows their face, ears, and neck to be protected while playing under the sun.
- Long sleeve shirt(s) – We recommend that babies and kids wear a long sleeve swimming shirt in the pools, especially because the rays reflect off the bottom. A dry, long-sleeved shirt is ideal for long walks on the beach.
3. Reusable Cups for Delicious Drinks & Cocktails
One of the best things about family getaways in Sandos is that travelers of all ages enjoy the specially tailored, all-inclusive amenities and services that we have to offer. But, of course, a day on the beach wouldn’t be complete without signature Sandos cocktails, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, available for the entire family to enjoy.
As we mentioned above, Sandos is dedicated to protecting the environment, and it is one of the many reasons we are free of single-use plastics. While each of our hotels boasts reusable plastic cups, we encourage guests to bring their reusable glasses and bottles to keep their soda, water, or cocktails nice and cold while on the beach without risking preserving the beautiful location.
4. Proper Footwear for Every Occasion Vacation with sandos
During a getaway to one of Mexico’s beach destinations, travelers need to ensure they have the right footwear for all hours of the day. Here are a few of our recommendations:
- Flip flops for walking on the beach and hanging out by the pool
- Running shoes for when participating in one of the many excursions that guests can book with our on-site tour company Seek & Go or for exploring the area
- Formal options for the evenings watching one of the family-friendly performances on the resort or for a night on the town indulging in the one-of-a-kind Los Cabos, Cancun, or Playa del Carmen restaurants and nightlife.
5. Clothing for the Day and Night
Picking the proper clothing for the entire family can be difficult. While choosing what articles of clothing to bring, travelers also need to ensure that they are not bringing too much! For example, during a beach vacation, guests need to plan for their day relaxing on the beach and participating in the endless activities with our entertainment team while also keeping in mind their wardrobe for meals and nightly activities/performances.
- Swimsuits and stylish beach outfits
- Activewear for various activities, excursions, games, and the gym
- Lots of socks (The last thing travelers want to do is mix & match)
- Formal pants and shirts
Travelers should review the Sandos Stay App while checking in to ensure that they follow the dress codes of each restaurant at the Sandos resort they are staying at. It can be downloaded on Google Play or the App Store for Apple.
6. Items That Help Feel At Home
While the entire Sandos staff does whatever it takes to make all of its guests feel like they are at their home away from home, it’s always a good idea to bring some items that make the trip easier, especially for the little ones and if they’re first-time travelers. So, what should guests bring? Well, something small that can easily be packed and means something special.
We recommend bringing the children’s favorite stuffed animal, toy, or blanket so that they feel completely comfortable when staying so far away from home. These items will ensure that the children especially don’t get too homesick and have a small part to keep them calm if they feel overwhelmed.
- A complete day and night activities program with the entertainment team at each resort
- Kids club at each resort for the little ones to enjoy, have fun and meet new friends under the supervision of our caring staff, while the parents can enjoy some alone time indulging in different amenities and services
- The exclusive Lite Teens Club at Sandos Playacar
However, family getaways are the perfect time for the entire group to connect and bond while in paradise. Bringing a few of the family’s favorite card and board games is amazing for special moments in the morning or before bed, allowing them to come together on their unique family beach vacation in Mexico.
8. Motion Sickness Medicine
From the airplane to embarking on one of the many excursions on the ocean, many travelers will experience motion sickness during their vacation. Having medicine to help is crucial. Before heading to the airport to get on the plane to Los Cabos, Cancun, or Playa del Carmen, guests should purchase motion sickness medicine for the entire group.
9. Items to Stay Comfortable & Happy During the Flight
Staying comfortable during the flight is travelers’ first step to being completely relaxed and ready to enjoy their getaway. Parents should pack different items to ensure that the entire family is completely relaxed during the entire flight.
- Cozy travel pillows are ideal for the traveler’s flight and will avoid sore necks upon arrival. Going to their local supermarket or shopping center will help travelers avoid high prices at the airport if they realize that they forget to pack them.
- Snacks: While following the airport’s guidelines and what they can and cannot bring on the plane, delicious snacks are guaranteed to help keep everyone’s stomachs full and happy before arriving at their destination. There is nothing like homemade cookies for take-off and landing.
Vacation with sandos, Items That Guests Can Leave at Home
Packing for a family vacation and preparing a packing list for kids can be stressful. While travelers may want to pack their entire wardrobe and a variety of different items, there are a lot of things that Sandos has travelers covered. Avoid overpacking by knowing what we have waiting throughout the resort and in the hotel room, including:
- Towels both for the beach and showers
- Body wash
- Beach chairs
Where To Stay for a Family Beach Getaway in Mexico Vacation with sandos
Now that travelers know what to bring on their next trip to their favorite destination, where will they stay? Choosing the right all-inclusive resort is crucial, and luckily for families around the world, Sandos has everything they need and more throughout different destinations in Mexico.
Ideal for families traveling with teens, they can enjoy the exclusivity and premium amenities the famous city of Cancun offers. Through different programs focused on the well-being of their guests combined with infinity pools, a high-class European spa and fully equipped gym, and an incredible location in the Cancun Hotel Zone, guests have everything they need for an unforgettable beach getaway at Sandos Cancun.
For guests looking for the best family getaway in nature, they cannot miss out on the adventures at Sandos Caracol. Not only do they allow guests to visit with the local fauna and flora through different activities part of the All Nature Experience like:
- Swimming in a clear freshwater cenote
- Embarking on a bike tour through the jungle where they can visit a Mayan ruin
- Floating down a mangrove river
- And so much more
But fun is not far away as they can enjoy a grand waterpark, complete daily entertainment program, and nightly performances, including tributes to famous bands and singers alongside cultural performances.
The ideal beach getaway for families is found on the endless white sand beach at Sandos Playacar. When not enjoying the All Playa Experience, full of fun and thrilling activities with the entertainment team, the kids enjoy one of the two aqua parks. At the same time, the parents refresh in the infinity pool overlooking the ocean with a swim-up bar and beachfront snack bar close by.
On the other side of stunning Mexico lies Sandos Finisterra on both the mountainside and golden sand beach of Los Cabos. The entire family will enjoy exclusive all-inclusive amenities and services around every corner throughout the resort, both throughout the day and night. The entire resort is designed for all ages of travelers, with exclusive areas for kids and adults.
So, now that what to bring and where to stay are established, the only difficult thing to know is booking the vacation. Travelers should pack their bags and get ready to enjoy a unique and special vacation with Sandos Hotels & Resorts!