They’re fun, they’re furry, they’re adorable… and they’re much more similar to us than you might think! Lots of animals live right here at Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort, but the crowd favorite is always the spider monkey. Below, you’ll find some of the things you have in common with these fascinating creatures. Everyone loves spider monkeys especially children. There is nothing better than watching wild animals in their natural environments living free and outside of captivity. The best thing is that observing spider monkeys is completely free, you don´t have to pay a single dollar to witness this beauty of nature. What has always been fascinating about spider monkeys, or monkeys in general is how simular they are to humans. Perhaps this is why we find them so interesting.
1. Their social life is just like yours. Like humans, spider monkeys tend to hang out in groups of 20 – 40 during the day, then break off into smaller families to sleep at night.
2. Spider monkeys love tropical destinations, too. These mammals can be found in rainforests from Brazil all the way north to Mexico.
3. Young spider monkeys enjoy piggy-back rides, just like human kids. Mother spider monkeys carry their young around on their back for their first few months of life, and they stay by each other’s side for a full year.
4. They’re omnivores. These creatures mostly feed on fruits they find in the trees, but sometimes they like to snack on insects and plants.
5. Spider monkeys love to spend time at Sandos Caracol If you look to the trees during your vacation at Sandos Caracol, you might be able to spot some of the local spider monkeys hanging out. They especially like the trees along the paths behind Fogo de Brazil restaurant.